Thursday, June 18, 2020

Emboss resist technique Tasteful touches and field of flowers

Hello, 
I do hope all is well with you today. Currently the sun is out and the birds are singing. I have a bit of a flowery theme today as at present the flower that I see all about are delightful. 
Today I am posting a couple of my latest challenge that I took part in with 2 other local demonstrators. The challenge was to make a card to use the emboss resist technique. There are many posts on line where people use this technique, (see You tube, Pinterest.) I am hoping to cover this technique in one of my on line classes very soon.  It's a fun one to learn using heat embossing and then blending with your inks using sponges, brayers or daubers. For the cards  I used 2 of the new stamp sets that are available in the new 2020-2021 Annual Stampin'up! catalogue. 

1. Tasteful Textures is a cling stamp set with has some lovely background stamps as well as the beautiful flower and feathers. The colours used are the new in colours for 2020-2022 Misty moonlight, just jade, there is a touch of bumblebee and the flower is the new magenta madness. The embossing was done using white embossing powder. the sentiment is from the same set and the die shape is using the tasteful label which match in with this stamp set.




2. Field of flowers again I used white embossing powder, the background was made by using just jade, bumblebee, misty moonlight and a very light application of magenta madness. After the embossing was completed then the stems and yellow flowers were stamped onto the card, excess ink was then wiped off of the embossed area so it looks like the flowers are behind the white one. Other inks used , pretty peacock and so saffron. The card is mounted onto pretty peacock cardstock that has been embossed through the new tasteful textile folder. 


I do hope you enjoyed looking at these cards. Thank you for popping by. I look forward to my next blog soon. Stay safe 
Hugs and blessings 
Ruth x





4 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards, love the effects achieved with this technique, so much fun and so varied! Many thanks for sharing these great ideas :) x

    ReplyDelete

Quiet meadow thinking of you

Good morning,  Today is a very exciting day as it is the new annual catalogue launch day from stampin'up.  There are so many great new s...