Monday, November 16, 2020

Pop Up Freezin'fun Christmas Card

 Hello, Thank you for popping by to look at my blog today. I am going to share a card I made for my Inspiration Wednesday Facebook live session last week. I love a fun stamp set to use every so often as I love to use a variety in my projects. So I picked up the freezin'fun bundle and got to work. 

This project is a fun pop up card that folds flat for postage to it's recipient. It can be used for any papers and stamp sets, there are quite a few on Pinterest that show how this card fold has been used.


Seaside Spray cardstock

Piece 1 cut to 11 ½ x 4 inches

Piece 2 cut to 5 ½ x 3 inches

Score large piece along the long side at 5 ¾, 7 ¼, 9 ½ and 11 inches

Score smaller piece along the long side at ½ and 2 inches

Burnish all score lines

Before adhering the card front you will need to decide your background paper or stamped design and adhere or stamp prior to making up the card box front.

I have used one of the sheets form the feels like frost papers in the mini Christmas catalogue as my background 

On the picture you can see the tape across the narrower folded end this will be folded under to adhere to the card front.



This picture shows the card flattened with the base box made


I have applied tear and tape to the narrow fold (not seen in this picture and some to the back of this box. You can use the glue that you are happy with but this showed up best for the photo!


This is how your box card will look from the side 

To finish my card I put another piece of seaside spray card cut at

4 x 2inches and put inside the lower box

On the back I cut out a piece of whisper white card stock and 4 x 2 ¾ inches attached a sentiment and decorated as photo below




Thank you for taking time to have a look. Below is a list of some of the products used to make this care. they link directly to my stampin'up shop. 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! My little one thought it was fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and fun fold, love the colours and thank you for sharing the instructions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card fold Ruth and the card you've made using it is such a fun and cute card. Thankyou so much for sharing with us all your never ending talent x

    ReplyDelete

Quiet meadow thinking of you

Good morning,  Today is a very exciting day as it is the new annual catalogue launch day from stampin'up.  There are so many great new s...